Nonprofit climbing advocacy group the American Alpine Club (AAC) appointed Jonathan “Nat” Matthews as its Operations Director. IN his new role at ACC Matthews will draw on his previous experience, which included leading strategic and financial operations in both the financial services and renewable energy industries. He also advised American Express and Boeing Corp. as a management consultant, according to ACC.
Denali, an outdoor specialty chain with several locations in Connecticut, is hosting the Denali Run the Gauntlet challenge at Madison’s Hammonasset Beach. The run will occur Sunday Sept. 28.
This fall, Portland Product Werks (PPW) launched its first footwear line as a licensee of the Woolrich brand. PPW signed an exclusive long-term, global licensing deal in 2013 to design, manufacture and sell Woolrich brand footwear.
- American University Suspends Agreement With VF Corp.’s Jansport
- GU and Strava Partner to Raise Funds for Challenged Athletes
- OUTDOOR Act of 2014, STAR Fund Introduced in Congress
- San Francisco based brand opens second retail store
- GetBackpacking Program Helps Drive Sales for Great Outdoor Provision
- Outdoor Startups get Ready! Round 3 of the Telluride Accelerator Program